Typical, first weekend of ownership and is a wet one. Regardless, took a trip down to the motor factors and picked up a full set of filters: oil, air and fuel. Apparently, there's no cabin filter in a F/TF. I already have a good few cans of oil picked up in various sales around December/January :)
I understood from the previous owner that the hasn't been serviced since he bought it, a year previosuly.
Clouds cleared in the afternoon, so out I went to get cracking...
Progress recorded in the picture captions.
- Replaced air filter.
- Cleaned throttle body (cleaning this might help with the sticky accelerator).
- Check the spark plugs condition and gap.
- Replace fuel filter.
- Flush the oil and replace oil filter.
- Replace with fresh 10W40. 4.5 litres.
- Brakes and brake fluid check. OK.
- General inspection of the engine bay.
Overall, a success. The car seems to have been reasonably well maintained, plugs ok, fluids ok. The coolant is pink, so should be the proper O.A.T. type. I think the dirty coolant bottle could just be rthe remnants of a past H.G.F. so I'm taking that as an indication that the HG has been done once :) However, the belts (timing & drive) look worrying. There seems to be a small oil that will need to be watched.